Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Finished projects

I finally have a few things off my needles in the last week. A couple I started during the holiday knit-a-thon I did and a few I started more recently.

In no particular order...

My Christmas gift from my wee little boys.  Urbana by Stephen West.  I felt I needed to knit this as the designer is a recent graduate from U of I and obviously was inspired by Urbana!  It was a super easy knit but I ran out of yarn.  I decided to go with it and wear it as.  I like it a lot!  I think if I went the entire width of the pattern, it would have been too much for me.
Ravelry Link

Next I finished a pair of Soxie's for my cousin-in-law Brittany.  I altered the pattern a bit for them to fit her little feet.  Hopefully she'll keep them on and keep her cozy!  Knitting with cotton always reminds me why I am such a wool girl.


Then I needed a 'during the day' knit since I like to knit when I can as the babies happily play.  Sometimes I'm even asked to get my knitting so I can listen a lecture on Dinosaur species and their habitat and eating habits.  So I looked at my to-do list of patterns and picked up the Ripley by Ysolda Teague -  a designer I really like.  I adore this hat.  It is so great to wear and so easy to knit and fast too!  I did this baby in less than 24 hours while knitting something else at night!  Doubling worsted with sock to get a heavy aran worked perfectly and used up some of my stash!



















Last new knit that I finished was my Yellow End of the Year knit.  I ran out of yarn at the top of the neck as I knitted this from the bottom up.  This entire sweater was out of my head with guidance from the illustrious Elizabeth Zimmernann's EPS from Knitting Without Tears/Opinionated Knitter.  I love it.  So warm and cushy. I plan on wearing it this week as the high will be below 10 degrees.  burr.
Ravelry Link
I've been working on a special birthday present for my oldest boy late at night for the past week or so.  He's requested this several times from me so I hope he likes it!  I'll post what it is when it is done and he has it.  He is incredibly sneaky and good at using a computer and would find some evidence about it. 

1 comment: