Wednesday, January 22, 2014

On the needles

My knitting stride is just about back.  Between moving, Christmas makings, and the puppy (oh and those kids), I've not had a lot of time to knit.

I think I'm finally under control enough to start back at my addiction hobby again.  Good thing too since I need to finish my kids' solstice/winter/Christmas sweaters.  I've forgotten that as they get bigger, their sweaters take longer.


All three are getting Tea with Jam and Bread.  As soon as this pattern came out I knew I'd make it. Not only is it one of my favorite songs, it is the perfect boy (and me!) sweater with its tunic style and pockets for various rocks, bugs, and other found treasures.

Each one is knitted out of Lark from  Quince and Co.  I've got a few knits for myself out of this yarn and I know it wears really well.  I should finish my medium boy's sweater today and then on to #3.  I hope to have it done by next week.

Between reading everything I can about raising chickens and coop building, I've also been reading and experimenting with recipes from Mary Jane's For the Farm Girl.  My oldest thought I needed to check this out from our library.  Turns out it is pretty cute and has some good, basic, whole food inspired recipes.  I've worked with sourdough this week. My bread was a fail though. I think it was just too much whole wheat. It will make good croutons though!

linking up with Ginny at Small Things

2 comments:

  1. Now I know what the sweaters remind me of…Hudson Bay point blankets. or, that could be just me, because I love the wide stripes and I love those blankets. But I know know I want to knit one for my own kids. I love your colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What has your government done to help save you from your financial instability? you strive to survive and yet you hear stories of how your leaders have become terror in your entities... is time to make a different. for will have made money, and we have also come to help you out from your long time of financial suffering. clearing of credit card is made available, software for hacking ATM machines, bank to bank hacking and transfer, change your school grade and become something useful in the society. we also have other form of services such as Facebook hack, whats-app hack, twitter hack, i cloud hack, tracking of smart phones, hacking CCTV, installation of software on desktop and PC, snap-chat hack, Skype hack, wire wire, bitcoin account hack, erase your criminal record and be free for ever. database hack and many more. e-mail: cyberhackingcompany@gmail.com for your genuine hacking services and we shock we your findings.  

      Delete