Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Yarn Along

Following Ginny's Weekly Yarn Along over at Small Things...

I'm still plugging away on my Cobblestone sweater.  The home stretch is almost insight though - just one more arm to go and then the join!  I always feel like it goes so fast once all the pieces are put together and just the yoke is left.  It seems the last of the weather in the high 70's are coming to a close and hopefully this sweater will be nice and cozy.  I'm a cozy kind of gal.


I just downloaded Austenland per my BFF's advice.  I don't often (really ever) post about audiobooks that I read.  It is mostly because they are embarrassingly romantic.  I need easy listening while I knit during the quiet nights and they fit the bill.  I'm excited to read Austenland.  I tried, unsuccessfully, to get it from the library a number of times but it isn't ever in and I have this 19 month who l o v e s books and screams with delight while I'm there.  Oh and pulls books off of the book shelves.  And yells "whoa" at every poster.  We muddle through it though.  I just have to tell myself that I'll get hours of peaceful little- boy(s)-reading bliss when I get home. 


I do need help though.  I'm spoiled with a very talented friend who is letting me knit some of her beautiful yarn for Stitches West.  BUT - What to knit!!  I just a can't decide.  Even though I can't start this until I finish my current knit and some mittens, and two hats...I do want to know  - now (so I can cheat and cast on). 

I get to use this beauty -

Will you help me?  Will you take a poll (over there <--- on sidebar)?  Which one do you like best?  Do you like something else?  Shoot me the link!


1.  Daybreak
2. Cladonia
3. Stripe Study Shawl
4. Green Line To Ashland
5. Terra
6. Whippoorwill
7.  Gabriella

5 comments:

  1. I voted! Now I can't wait to see the final results! The yarn is dreamy and I know even if my selection doesn't win what ever you knit will be great.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what you choose! I love number two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they're all lovely! can't wait to see what you deiced on :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You lucky duck! Those are great colors.

    ReplyDelete