Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Yarn Along

Following Ginny's weekly Yarn Along...

It has been a while since I've posted a Yarn Along (or posted at all for that matter).  It is amazing how much I don't take pictures now that my good camera is in the shop.  I hope it comes back soon!

Even though I've not posted, I've still knitted, a lot.  I don't think that will ever change.  Right now I'm knitting lots of Hexipuffs for the Beekeeper's quilt.  I'm up to 70 and one more on the way.  I enjoy knitting them.  I knit them everywhere...while I'm cooking, waiting in the car, watching my kids bathe and so on.  They are so portable!  Plus, the boys like to play with them too and have been a great manipulative for sorting and counting.  My youngest likes to throw them and take them out one at a time to say "UtOh" as it hit the ground.  Considering that is one of his three words he has, he practices it a lot. 


I also have a sweater on the needles for me.  Since my older boys are getting to the point where they'd prefer hats and mittens to sweaters, I might as well as knit them for someone who wants them - me.  Jared Flood's Cobblestone in SHELTER is an easy knit.  I'm modifiying it as I go along adding waist shaping and length.  I hope it turns out to be one of those sweaters that is worn all the time.  

The last three weeks have been so busy that I've not taken the time to really read much of anything.  I'm working on the activities section of Playful Learning and finishing up Organized Simplicity.  Both are great and are nice to pick up and read a bit here and there.

4 comments:

  1. I have the beekeeper's quilt and still need to start...how long does one hexipuff take from start to finish? Using for manipulatives is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i keep thinking i'll start knitting my hexipuffs but then end up distracted :( soon though, i'll have a wee babe that forces me to sit and nurse for long periods of time so the hexipuffs should be doable ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. your quilt is going to be so lovely, good times knitting it too. i love the photo with hexipuffs all over the floor.

    ReplyDelete