Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Yarn Along Wednesday

On my needles this week is another Milo vest for a secret person.  I dyed the yarn up last weekend and have only done the gauge swatch so far.  I hope to get some good progress on it tonight.  In the last 2 weeks, I've knitted 5 pairs of fingerless mitts for Christmas gifts!  As fast as those are to knit, I think I am looking forward to a break from them!  I also hope to finish my Annabel sweater that has been nagging me to be finished. 


Reading wise, I am not currently reading anything but listening to random old audiobooks on my iphone while I trim the house.  My children are starting The Advent Book tonight thanks to my BFF suggestion.  They are really excited to read it and discover what is behind each door.  This is our first year of doing advent as a family.  I wanted to wait until they were old enough to appreciate the ritual of it.  Plus, our Elf, Mr. Armstrong, has come to watch over us and fly back to Santa each night.  I love the addition of another pair of eyes to see who is naughty and nice!

Happy knitting and reading on Yarn Along Wednesday!

7 comments:

  1. 5 pairs of fingerless mitts? I envy your speed in knitting! The color of the yarn is beautiful, I recently knit a hat up in a similar color but I didn't dye it myself, how wondeful to do that too! I'm in awe of the talented ladies in this yarn along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture. The yarn is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are starting that book for the first time tonight too! How fun! I found you through the yarn along, and I must say, that yarn is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you are productive. Love the yarn. I also wish I had someone to knit a Milo for. Such a cute vest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That yarn is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete