Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What a busy non-knitting week!

It is a rare occasion for me not to knit a lot during an entire week but this past week was an exception...and boy did I miss my wool and needles! Instead of quietly creating knits for others and myself, I cleaned, painted, and tested my mommy patience to the absolute max...while being 35 weeks pregnant! It was worth it though! Now, I have safe, clean wood floors and carpet that isn't scarred by 17 years worth of others' abuse. Hopefully I'll be able to keep it that way for sometime as it won't be redone ever again! I was lucky enough to have a wonderful crew of talented men redo our space (and a husband who worked his "honey-do" list to the max). I couldn't be more pleased at the professionalism and above and beyond work Lilly's did for our family. Nothing beats hometown boys. If you are like me and love looking at other's homes, you can see some more pics of it here. Here is one shot for your viewing pleasure.
Well...I did get a little bit of knitting done. Just a smidgen though. While waiting for my last custom's details before I take a bit of a break to have a baby, I started the Quincy hat. I don't have much to show yet as I just closed the moebius part of it. I do love how he has written the pattern to include a icord edging without having to go back and add it. I'll have to figure out how to do that on some other pattern in the future. My wheels are turning for a matching cowl since I can't seem to not want to wear one everyday...some sort of marriage of the Destroyed cowl and the Quincy.

No comments:

Post a Comment