Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A little yarn along

It has been ages since I've joined Ginny over at Small Things for a proper Yarn Along.  I read them weekly yet never get around to doing one myself.


Right now I'm ever so motivated to finish my Beekeeper's Quilt.  I've made 371 of these bad boys.  I have just two skeins that will make around 56 more hexipuffs to go and then sewing them all together.  I dream of when it is done that it will be perfect on the hammock (that I don't have yet) with a good book and a boy snuggled up with (those I have plenty of).




Also, I'm working on a trade of sorts for a dear friend.  This is the second time I've knitted the Aestlight shawl.  It is a fun knit.  I love anything Shetland:  garter, feather and fan, a good working shape, and not too boring.

Right now I'm reading Eating For IBS in preparation for possible dietary changes for my youngest bean and A Homemade Life.  Both are about food.  One is funny and yummy sounding and one, is
n o t.





.


6 comments:

  1. wow that is alot of hexipuffs; very pretty!! And your new shawl is awesome. As far as IBS alot of it is trial and error, at least that's what I've found. I cannot eat mushrooms, seeds, nuts or eggs - but I know its different for others. Good luck and have a knitty wednesday xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how many hexipuffs! And all so beautiful! When did you start? I started at the beginning of this year and try to do one per day or the number of days the month has, meaning I have only 90 so far...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I started a while ago - back in August 2011. I go hot and cold with this one though. I'm eager to finish though!

      Delete
  3. Gosh, so many hexipuffs! i have thought about making the blanket but I have heard it is addictive and I fear I would never work on anything else!

    The shawl is a beautiful colour- i'm sure it will be gorgeous and your friend will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hexipuffs?! I am very curious to see how this it put together and the final result! Love the teal shade of your shawl. Popped over from Yarn Along ... have a great day ;) Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. good luck with the diet changes, I've altered mine a bit for the better. I cannot bee-lieve (sorry couldn't resist) how many puffs you have made!!! That is a lot!

    ReplyDelete