Friday, April 6, 2012

It's been a while

I was informed that it has been a while since I blogged.

I can't help it.  It is last on my list to do lately and I barely get the first thing done on that same list. 

So here is a super fast, picture filled recap of events.

Last week was Mason's first horse show.  It was a lot of fun!  My mom showed too so we got to enjoy our old horse show time together.


Our horse trainer told Mason if he tipped his hat like gentlemen are supposed to do to a woman judge, he'd give him a surprise.  And a surprise he got!

On Saturdays when Mason practices walking around in a million circles, our friend Tony and her awesome horse practice.  Mason really likes Tony and her awesome reining horse.  Mason also really likes Brian and wants Brian to give him lessons (and yell at him too).

So it was really fun that he got to spin with him no less!


After that fun was over, I finished some speed knitting I had to accomplish for a school fundraiser.
It is the 3/4 Hap Shawl and I'm happy at how it turned out.  It was nice to have a goal project and something with a bit of a deadline.  I had hoped to do more for the auction but decided on Mason dyeing some yarn and pairing it with a few of my patterns.  Mase really enjoyed dyeing yarn.  It has been quite a while since we did that.

I also finished up some scrap busting knits on my list.  I have SO many scraps that my goal is to really reduce them this year.  I knitted another Romney shawl and a Tickle Hat.  They both turned out well and I look forward to finding the perfect person for them.

With this weather being so incredible, our yard is in full work mode.  Most of our garden is planted and all the spring flowers are just about done.  I spend almost my entire mornings walking with Logan looking at things and playing.  It has been so incredible lately.  But all of our outside time has taken a tole on my home chores.  The boys are doing well with their chore chart but I can't seem to keep up with the amount of 'soil' in our home.  Maybe I'll catch up this weekend. 

These last few days have been a bit cooler.  They boys have found it funny to tuck in their "crops".

Tomorrow is dance and Easter Egg dyeing.  I've got to repair of ripped Easter shirt and talk my medium boy into wearing his Easter vest I made him.

And fold lots of laundry.  And meet my (hopefully) new cleaning lady.

cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment