Friday, February 3, 2012

A Little Freedom

Our favorite place to "be free" as my boys call it - is our local Wonder of Illinois, Allerton Park

With another 50+ degree day and the end to a long, busy, single parenting week, we all needed a little freedom.

I love the fact that it is safe enough and I can just set them free and just listen to their little voices echo off the walls.



I heard:

-Logan singing at the top of his wee and surprisingly loud lungs, "E-I-E-I-DOH"  over and over again
-A discussion about the large birds overhead and if they were indeed eagles or hawks. Also, why they were together?  Do birds hunt in packs?  If birds do hunt together, what is that then?  Just a meat eating flock?  (I have no idea. )
-What were the statues actually looking at?
-It looks like God painted the clouds with gold on the bottom.  (be still my heart sweet Mason) 


It was a good bit of freedom. 

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to reading about the adventures of your boys as well as the serenity of your Friday posts.

    Even though I don't know you, I can tell that you love your children and that they love you. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete