Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Yarn Along Wednesday

Joining Ginny's weekly yarn along....

After finishing last week's knit, I really tried hard not to knit any and finish some embroidery projects I have sitting around.  I lasted about 72 hours before I couldn't stand it anymore.  I cast-on last night for a Whippoorwill for my sweet sister-in-law's mother in an attempt to get an early start on Christmas knitting. 

As for what is being read around here - I'm still on Pride and Prejudice and my boys are really into reading everything about ducks and geese they can get.  We got three little White Chinese Geese in the mail early in the morning today.  We are just fostering them for my parents since we live in the *city but it will be so fun for them!

Looking forward to seeing what everyone else is working on!

**I need to clarify what a city is as I guess I don't technically live in a "city".  I live in more of a "bedroom community" or "quaint little town" or "wanna be suburb of another not so large city".  According to Wikipedia, a city is a relatively large and permanent settlement.[1][2] Although there is no agreement on how a city is distinguished from a town within general English language meanings, many cities have a particular administrative, legal, or historical status based on local law.

Thank you for pointing that out KS.  I dearly appreciate finding the appropriate words to use in any given sentence.  I hate to be wrong.

8 comments:

  1. That yarn looks so so so yummy! I love the colourway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Whippoorwill pattern is going on my to-knit list -- it is gorgeous! Thanks for the inspiration, ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, you're another one that's forward-thinking enough to start holiday knitting now! I love the colorway of the Whippoorwill ... I'm going to need to check out that pattern!

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love whippoorwill! it's going to be lovely in that color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agreed. That whippoowill looks beautiful.
    I'm so impressed that you're Christmas knitting already!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the color you chose! The whippoorwill is such a nice looking shawl, yours is going to be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. did you move? I didn't realize you lived in the city.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful colours for your whippoorwill!

    ReplyDelete