Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Yarn Along Wednesday

How is it already Wednesday!  What a busy week our family has seemed to have.

This week, for my Yarn Along Wednesday, courtesy of Small Things, I actually have a print book to post.  Being one to devour audiobooks as they work so well with an obsessive knitter, an actual print book means I have to put my needles down...or rather slow them down as I can do two things at once.  I'm just now getting into The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.  So far I like it!  I have to admit that I get annoyed by characters who have long names and live in long, foreign named places.  I sit there and attempt to sound things out in German-which I can't do and then loose the feel of the story.

On my needles, I'm working on a pair of scrappy longies for Logan.  He needs some clothes to finish out the winter and is such a 'joy' to dress that wool pants seem to be the best for all of us now.  I usually always have my babies in lots of wool but since I really wanted to use as much hand-me-downs from his two brothers as I could and I sold my used longies after Mason, he's just been rockin' whatever I already had (which was more than enough).  I also made him this and this last week too.


If you are a knitter and haven't yet read Soulemama's post today, you should!  It is just like what I find in my baskets too!  One must have lots of projects to do while ushering out January!  Isn't May almost here? 

3 comments:

  1. I am also a fan of soulemama and Ginny. I have a knitting book giveaway on my blog that you may be interested in. Check it out! http://ballancedmom.blogspot.com/2011/01/book-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read that book and thought it was quit good. Haven't read the other two though...
    And I love the colours in the cute longies you're knitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scrappy longies are so cute! Love all the stripey bits...

    ReplyDelete