Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A favoite meal...

The most requested meal in my house, from all of my boys, is Turkey Meatballs.  Since I typed this out for a dear friend, I thought I would go ahead and post it!  This is so easy.  It also is a great make ahead meal.  I try to always have the ingredients on hand and a few already made waiting for me in freezer bags.  You can make it in a crock-pot too!  Woot!


Turkey Meatballs
1 chub ground turkey                                                         1 pkg. Mozzarella cheese
1 chub ground turkey sausage                                            1 15 oz. can/jar pizza sauce (or two)
1 pkg. Good Seasonings Italian Dressing Mix                   1/2 stick of butter
1 egg                                                                                    breadcrumbs - 1/2 can                                                   

Skillet:
Mix meats, Italian seasoning, and egg. .  Add breadcrumbs until you have the consistency of meatloaf. Shape into meatballs and cook on skillet.   Once cooked, add pizza sauce and serve with or w/out cheese.

Crockpot:
Follow above directions omitting skillet cooking.
Spray crockpot with non-stick spray.  Add 4 Tbsp. of pizza sauce.  Add one layer of meatballs. Place a layer of cheese.  Repeat the process until all meatballs and cheese are used.  Poor rest of pizza sauce on the top layer.  Cover with a layer of breadcrumbs.  Cut 1/2 stick of butter into pats and place evenly on top of breadcrumb layer.  Cook at least 4 hours or until meatballs are fully cooked. 

2 comments:

  1. This recipe sounds so good & I can't wait to try it! I know my boys will love it! I love that you took a picture of the ingredience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUm! I'm trying it. I might actually be able to do this one and it's low carb!

    ReplyDelete