Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A few finished knits

I finally have some things off the needles that have been sitting around here waiting to be properly blogged.  Not that anyone really cares, but in my little world, I pretend it does lol.

First off is a kerchief that I worked on over my vacation. I dyed the fiber and then had a spinner, Laura from Splendor of Fiber spin it for me.  Perfect mindless knitting.  I started with the cast on from the Boneyard pattern on Ravelry and went from there. About every 3 inches of knitting I did a new stitch row...yo, garter, seed and then repeated them.  For increases I used M1B and KFB.  I blocked using blocking wires for the first time and I am sold on those. I have this set and it was very easy to use.  It really pulled and placed the handspun yarn to make a lovely drape. I made this with no one in mind.  I think I'll have to keep it or at least make another for me with the other skein I have. It is so soft and I personally am a big fan of wool around the neck.

I also finished a cowl for a cowl swap I am participating in.  The person who this is for has an extensive wool collection and I couldn't easily pick a yarn for her.  I really wanted to do a buffalo or a yak yarn but I needed to feel it before I shelled out $60 for a few ounces.  I settled with a lovely yarn from Lorna Laces.  It is a silk/wool blend, a base that I too dye, and is super soft and lovely.  I hope she likes it.
The pattern I used was the Fern Neckwarmer found on Ravelry.

Last off my needles, thanks to hours in the car during the holiday weekend, is the Barn Owl longies for my customer C in Norway.

No comments:

Post a Comment