Sunday, April 15, 2012

The next thing on my list

After finishing my last knit for a Silent Auction, it was time to move on to the next one.

This time I dyed the yarn on a mystery sport weight wool.  I'm 99.9% sure it is a merino superwash - I'm just not sure what supplier I got it from.  It is soft and has a great sheen so I know it is a good one.  Of course it is - I'm too much of a yarn snob not to have something yummy to play with.

I had in mind a soft yellow as it is a "color" of the organization that this is for.  Since I don't know who will get this and what their skin tone may be, I toned it down a bit for more of an earthy yellow.   I'm pleased on the color. 

Finding the right knit was more difficult than deciding on the color.  I finally went with the Aestlight Shawl by Shetland Trader.  It was a fun knit to do.  I love garter on a shawl as tons of stockinette makes me a bit weary.  The lace part reminds me of flower petals which also went with the group's representative flower.

All in all, I'm glad I got it done in time and I hope it will make someone feel great when they wear it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment