Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Christmas in May

I decided to take the advice of a knitwear designer this year reguarding knitting for Christmas.  He feels most creative towards the holiday gift giving when he takes a year "off" from a majorly knitted Christmas.  With that advice in mind and my natural tendencies to over do it (so that I'm knitting in the wee hours of the morning), I'm only going to give a few knitted things. 

I thought I should probably start early.  I've got a long queue of things I plan to knit my boys.  I plan on forcing Logan to wear an obnoxious amount of longies this fall and winter.  Uniform vests for Mason. Lots of socks. 

I wanted to give something to my sister-in-law's mom.  Her family is always so thoughtful and frankly, they let her marry my brother.  I think that is worthy of some sort of medal of honor.  Like her daughter, she is quite beautiful and graceful and I thought a Whippoorwill would be a perfect thing to give.


I wasn't sure what yarn to use for this project other than I knew I wanted something very feminine, silk and wool, and very light and soft.  My mom, aunt, SIL, and Nana all thought about it over Spring Break with me.  Finally, I found the perfect one.  Becoming Arts' Eos Fingering was just perfect.  I stalked the colorway - Sanguine Sky- and as soon as I was emailed that it was finally in stock, I put my iphone to work.  Life is good when you can buy wool on your phone.


Now I just need to figure out the best way to pack this until winter. Christmas is only 207 days away.

No comments:

Post a Comment