Friday, February 5, 2010

Please, have a laugh on me


One of my goals this year is to improve my sewing abilities. I could never say to someone that "I can sew" and I need to change that. I'm not sure how that will happen as it takes practice to do something well...and I have this whole obsessive knitting issue... oh and a soon-to-be mother of 3 4 years and under. Oh and a wife. A housekeeper and so on and so on. But I will do it. I have a machine. A rather nice, sturdy workhorse so I should be able to do it, right. Well...sadly, wrong so far.
Today my lovely imaginative children were into puppets. They were helping me organize some of the toys for the soon-to-be born boy and found some puppets. Oh man, it was Christmas all over again. And of course, my oldest needed a T Rex puppet with teeth and two fingers and angry eyes. He wasn't going to be patient enough for me to knit it so we sketched a picture and I assumed I could just whip it up. Well...umm...I don't have a lot of fabric on hand as I gifted a bunch away so I just had to wing it and wing it I did. Sort of. I made a pattern (I know, smart) and tried to cut those lines straight (never seem to be able to) and sewed it on up. The arms with two fingers didn't make the cut but I do have some ferocious looking teeth compliments of an old kitchen towel.
So please, laugh, So far February has been a long month. I need Spring. Like now. Even the picture is bad lol.
BUT you know what...it was played with. And it chased Pooh Bear puppet. So hey, some success.
And now I will go and knit. I have to sew a liner in my son's Tomten sweater, dino fabric of course, this weekend too. I hope I can dig my head out of the sand come Monday.

2 comments:

  1. I think it is AMAZING!!!!! Beautiful, actually! When did Reagan get into Dino's? I see his shirt has one too. I need to know these things as Al will be into whatever Reagan is. Good work, really. I cant even sew on a button!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised Reagan hasn't lectured you in all the in's and out's of being a budding paleontologist! He's been into them on and off but now, since I limited our TV use, PBS is the station of choice and Dinosaur Train is a huge hit in our home.

    ReplyDelete